Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pattern on Pattern

I gotta say, I sort of love this outfit. I think this is the first time that the 30 for 30 has encouraged me to put an outfit together that I might not normally put together otherwise. I love this shirt but with so much pattern and the unique shape of it I usually just wear it with jeans because I don't know what else to do with it. I'm tired of jeans, though. That's right, I'm breaking out of the denim box, friends. And I like it.

004

shirt: thrifted $7
skirt: thrifted $7
black under shirt: ross $5
boots: wal-mart $7
tights: Name Brand Exchange (more about this tomorrow) $3
Happily Ever After Outfit Total: $29!

003

001

Hannah over at Thought and Musing talked about breaking rules of this kind yesterday. (She was inspired to rebel by Elaine) I guess I'm a day late on the whole thing :)

So how was your Monday, darlings? I was lucky enough to not have school or work (what!?) so Hubby and I went to lunch at out favorite middle eastern restaurant, a place in Tempe called Haji Baba. It's seriously so good. If you're not familiar with middle eastern food you should look up a restaurant in your area. And try the tabouli. And the kabob koobideh. And the dolmades. And kibbi, if they have it. (My favorite!) MMMmmmmmm. Yummy! ... Afterwords we went for a little drive in the mountains that lie just behind our house. We stopped at a little reservoir by the Salt River and watched the sunset. It was a really nice afternoon/evening. (It was an impromptu drive so I didn't have my camera with me :( I promise I'll take outfit photos out that way sometime so you can all see how beautiful Arizona is beyond the block wall in my back yard!)

Hope you are all enjoying the start of your week! xoxo

No comments: