Monday, February 21, 2011

A New Plan

Well I spent some time over the weekend thinking about the blog and trying to come up with a plan. When I think about it I find I really like fashion blogs best when they seem like they are in real time. As in the outfit photos are taken on a day to day basis and posted within a few days of when they are taken. But.... as we've already covered, I'm finding that's not really realistic for me. At least not right now. So here's my new plan: I'm going to take all of my outfit photos for the upcoming week in one day, on the weekend. That will give me a chance to plan my wardrobe a little and think about what I will be wearing the following week, plus it will be much easier for me. But instead of posting all those outfits that same day, I'll just continue to do one post a day featuring one of the outfits I got pictures of over the weekend. I'll probably prepare my posts in advance and maybe just make minor changes during the week if something comes up that I want to talk about.

So there ya go. The Plan :) I just wanted to put it out there so anyone reading my blog on a regular basis knows what they're getting. One more thing to keep in mind with this plan: doing things this way I may not end up wearing all the outfits I prepare the following week. What I mean is, the only place I go on a regular basis is school, but if I have a cute idea for an outfit that's not really practical for school I may still want to put it on the blog. So I suppose you can think of my outfit posts as more of things I would wear and will wear at some point when it fits with where I'm going and when the mood strikes. Does that make sense? :)

And that's a perfect intro to today's outfit ;) I didn't wear this last week, and don't plan on wearing it to class this week. But I think it's such a cute outfit and I wanted to play around with it yesterday when these photos were taken. My birthday is coming up (this coming weekend) so I think I'll save it for some event we do over the weekend. (I love birthdays)

020

dress: thrifted
black slip: wal-mart (it makes the bottom layer of the dress, because like many very cute dresses I find while thrifting, this one is too short for me.)
belt: thrifted
socks: wal-mart
shoes: payless
tea time necklace: e-bay

018

It was a little chilly yesterday when we took these photos because it was rainy, but usually it's warm enough in Arizona this time of year to wear something like this.

017

So there you have it, friends. We're back on track!.... well, sort of! I'm still really behind on the 30 for 30. This is only outfit number 10. Yikes! I'll get there, though.... eventually.

I still have some more work to do as far as a blog schedule. Like I've mentioned before, I want to include some other things in my blog, but I'm not totally sure what or how to do that. I'm going with this plan for now, but I'll spend some time brainstorming some other things and come up with a posting schedule when I figure it out.

Happy President's Day, everyone! I hope you all have today off work and are enjoying the heck out of it! :)

1 comment:

Aubrey Anne said...

I LOVE that dress!!! love, love, love it! You look awesome, and the plan is genius. :) As always, doing great!