Friday, February 18, 2011

M.I.A.

Obviously I've been a little M.I.A. lately. From the blog, at least. I had totally planned to play a little catch up and get some outfit photos taken/posted earlier this week, but it didn't happen. So I thought I could do it today, but I just got out of school, I have to leave for work in an hour, and I have to grab myself some sort of lunch/dinner. Plus I need hubby's help for outfit photos and he is currently on a clean-the-house-kick. You know I am not about to interupt that! So here we go friends, a little text heavy post.

I know outfit photos should be just a quick snap-snap sort of a thing, but I feel like it's been harder than just that. I gotta say, I'm feeling a little uninspired towards this blog lately. I was so excited about it a couple of weeks ago when the 30 for 30 started but I'm starting to feel a little blah about the whole thing. Not about the actual cloths so much. I'm still having tons of fun with that. It's just more about the posting and working to build my blog. I think I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed in general. But, that probably isn't saying much because anyone who knows me personally can tell you I have a tendency to become easily overwhelmed... like really easily!

I'm taking on a new challenge right now, as well. I've committed to doing an obstacle race at the end of April called The Warrior Dash. The whole thing is a little over 5K with obstacles as well. I'm really excited about it! I completed a marathon last year and then that 5K that I posted about just a few weeks ago, but I really didn't take a competitive approach to either (more about that some other day, maybe). I did train for the marathon, (rigorously!) but I did nothing to train for that 5K. (As in I had been sitting on my butt for 3 months prior to that event.) Anyway, the point is I really want to hit this warrior dash hard and take a more competitive approach to it, which means I need to start training very soon. I feel like I have very little time in my life, though.

I'm starting to get a little stressed about school too. I got a B on my Bio exam (woot woot!) so I'm feeling less pressure there, but I'm seriously starting to fall behind in my math class. I know the reason is because I haven't been committing as much time out of class to it as I should. Honestly I only get my homework done like maybe one third of the time (Hey, that's math! I just wish it could all be that simple. Sigh) I have class five days a week and work five or six days a week. So that's 35 hours a week at work, 12 hours at school, 10 hours that I should commit to studying outside of class, 5 hours a week to train for the warrior dash, plus I do best with a lot of sleep so schedule in about 9 hours a night there, and I have to make time for hubby and friends and family and my own down time..... How many hours are in a week again??? (I know there are people out there who are a LOT busier than I am, but I just don't know how they do that and stay sane! I don't think they do. I think all those people must have just lost their mind.)

Part of my struggle with the blog is that the only time I can really take outfit photos is in the 2 or 3 hours that I have between school and work, but hubby isn't always here to help me at that time. I can use a tripod and timer but that takes WAY longer. Plus, I really need to be investing that time in studying instead. (Like right now. I should be doing math homework right now) I did pretty good with keeping up on outfit photos at first, but during that time I did not do well at keeping up with math homework! Which is obviously more important.

Anyway, I'm playing with the idea of just doing one post a week, probably on a Sunday, where I post multiple outfits. I'll be doing that this Sunday at the very least, to show all you darlings what I wore this past week. I love blogging and I'm really enjoying getting to know other bloggers. It's a great community that I want to be a part of! I'm just not sure how much energy I have in me to commit to it. I might spend some time brainstorming ideas for other things I could post during the week that would be quick and easy for me but still a fun read. What do you think, friends? Will you all still read if I just post once a week? Any tips or tricks to share on how you keep up with your blog?

Thanks for putting up with my rant! Keep an eye out! I promise I'll be back soon, whatever I decide! xoxo

3 comments:

Jennefer said...

I will read no matter what you do :) You need to choose what is right for you all the way. And I think you will still have and keep readers as long as you have some sort of consistency and they know what to expect from you. If they only expect a post once a week, and you only post once a week, then its all good :)

xoxo
Jennefer
www.running-and-other-things.blogspot.com

Aubrey Anne said...

Sometimes I only get one post done per MONTH! Everyone gets busy and stressed out, and when I was going to school I seriously slacked on my blogs. If you're not blogging every day, you're probably putting your energy in the RIGHT place. ;) I'm amazed you can do everything you do!!

Jacket Hunt said...


Thanks for sharing this amazing and informative post. keep sharing with us.
varsity leather jacket