Saturday, February 5, 2011

Football and Fashion (what, you didn't know these two things go together?)

It's Super Bowl Sunday, people!!! Are you excited? I'm excited!

shirt: Wal-Mart

pants: thrifted

boots: gift (Material Girl, bought at Macy's)

belt: thrifted

Why am I excited, you ask? Well, because after today we don't have to talk about football anymore, of course! (for like 5 or 6 months, that is) No talk of who to start in the fantasy league, or who's going to win this game or that game; no worry about when to schedule a family event as to not interfere with the game, no sentences that end in "but this is a really important game" (every game is a "really important game")... Have you gathered yet that my husband is a huge fan of football? Well, let me just tell ya: my husband is a huge fan of football!... Of course, there's still Madden, which is available all year long at any time of the day. I can handle that though. That's not all that bad... Not that football is really all that bad either. I tease... mostly ;)

I'm getting into the spirit today, though. In honor of football fans everywhere I thought we'd review some highlights (fashion style):

For the Packers, it's all about the fans. They helped solidify the team's place in the super bowl with their fabulous head wear. The yellow can bring a pop of color to any outfit. (Yellow is practically a neutral this season, you know: goes with anything.) Of course, when wearing such a statement piece it's best to keep your make-up subtle.

Almost got it right, just not quite.

Are side pony tails still in? After seeing Atari Bigby rock it, I say yes. Most definitely yes.

For the Steelers, we've got Keisel Mane. You know how fashion always comes back around? 70's, 80's, whatever? He's bringing back the Viking style.


First it's the beards, but you know those boots, hats, and coats aren't far behind. Good job, Kiesel. You're cutting edge. Nicely played, my friend.


And of course I can't possibly talk about football and fashion without mentioning Troy Polamalu's fabulous hair. I can't even joke about that though. People love this guy.

Can you believe husband actually had some input on the subject of football and fashion? Something fashion related that football fans are apparently talking about. Check this one out: Hines Ward dressed as a cowboy. Because apparently that's what you do when you're in Texas. Hines Ward, I'm quite sure that many gorgeous fashionistas from Texas would tell you that a cowboy getup is not (necessarily) the uniform. Nice try, though.


All things considered I'm rooting for the Packers. Why? Because husband tells me that I'm rooting for the Packers :) (We hate the Steelers because they beat the Cardinals in the super bowl a couple of years ago... and they wear silly cowboy outfits.)

WOOT WOOT!!! GO GREENBAY!!!!!!!!!!

Have a fun and safe Super Bowl Sunday, everyone!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Hello,

I have no idea what the super bowl is (being Australian!)But I'm enjoying your outfit posts.
I'm doing the 30 for 30 and its my first time, I'm also new to the fashion blogging thing.
here's me: http://thoughtandmusing.wordpress.com/
Lovely to "meet" you.

Hannah

Aubrey Anne said...

Haha! I love how you find a way to relate anything to what you're talking about. I love this post!

Emily of Boston said...

Is the hair on that Troy Polamalu guy real?? How does he fit that under a helmet? I can hardly fit my own fro under a stretchy knit winter hat!

Found your blog through Kendi's 30 for 30 remixer list. Cute outfits! :)