Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's (was) my birthday!

Well I turned 26 on Sunday, friends. I'm trying not to feel old :) Haha.

Hubby and I had a super fun weekend. I took the weekend off work and we spent it just lounging around the house and spending time with friends and family. On Sunday we went out to lunch with my family. In the evening we went to see "Gnomeo and Juliet" which normally my husband would not see with me (not in theaters at least) but you know, it was my birthday so he had to do what I wanted to do. (I'm really acting my age with this movie choice, huh? Hehe.) Seriously, it was really cute though. I liked it. Just a light, fun, silly movie. Then Sunday night we met up with a bunch of friends at a low key bar for a few drinks.

Overall it was a super fun weekend. I love birthdays :)

040

shirt, skirt, and belt: thrifted
sweater: Suzy's Deals (sort of like Ross)
shoes and tights: wal-mart

042

036

044

Hubby bought me this new purse for my birthday (because I told him too. I was with him when we picked it out) You guys heard of it? It's that Miche Bag thing. It has a base bag with different outer shells so you can change the look without moving all your stuff. (Mostly I like it for the storage space saving factor.)

I LOVE purses and when I learned about this one a while back I thought it was a cool idea. I spent a lot of time going back and forth about whether I would actually like/use it though. Husband thinks it's a novelty comparable to a pet rock. He thinks I'll like it for about a year or so and then be totally over it. (Although I'm sure that's a much longer infatuation than anyone ever had with their pet rock)

He might be right. But I sure do love it now! :)



Happy Tuesday, darlings! xoxo

4 comments:

Jennefer said...

I freaking love your Miche bag!!! Both of the shells you got are adorable and I be you will love it! Unlike a pet rock this is actually practical. I love it! :)

xoxo
Jennefer
www.running-and-other-things.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oh what a great purse concept- I am constantly changing purses and forgetting to switch things over. You look great- the first picture is beautiful I love the tights and striped top! Happy Belated B-Day sounds like a good day!

-Tabby said...

I love the purplr tights! This outfit is very cute!! Great Job!!

Aubrey Anne said...

I always wanted one of those purses! That's my kind of novelty. :) And if you last a whole year with a purse, he should consider himself lucky! Also, I thought about you the whole day on your birthday (as I do every year), but I'm a bad friend and didn't come to comment! Happy birthday!